Job Title: Manager Software Development Department: Software Development
Location: Pune, India Reports To: Director Product Development
Responsible for the management and prioritization of software development projects and resources to ensure the achievement of department, division, and corporate objectives.
- Organizes, develops, prioritizes and assigns resources to deliver high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines, while adhering to R&D best practices and processes.
- Leads development project designs and enforces technical standards to ensure solutions execute correctly across various supported environments (i.e. browsers, devices, operating systems).
- Proactively leads and solicits the involvement of other project stakeholders (e.g. managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
- Manages and leads project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress of individual tasks and alerts executive management and stakeholders of concerns meeting schedules, while following established R&D standards.
- Manages product quality standards by ensuring functional, unit and performance testing is comprehensive and thorough; works closely with development and testing teams to verify test plans. Organizes, prioritizes and assigns resources to implement and resolve code changes related to enhancements, redesigns and/or bug fixes.
- Maintains accountability for the entire life cycle of the code including support for both internal and external consumers.
- Ensures the veracity of design and technical documentation to satisfy both internal and external consumers.
- Contributes to product or project direction through collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Customers, and others within IDEAS.
- Provides technical leadership as appropriate for projects and to the team through mentoring, training and managing the activities of the team.
- Manages all aspects of the department including teamwork, performance management, feedback, professional growth through collaboration with IDEAS human resources, IDEAS education and executive leadership.
- Responsible for tactical management of a functional area, feature, product, or multiple products or solutions.
- Works with senior management to develop, prioritize, and assign project objectives and responsibilities to individual resources.
- Mentors, trains and manages the daily activities of the team.
- May collaborate with product marketing, management and others to refine product/project direction.
- Engages with upper management in major decisions and complex issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge in related programming languages, operating systems, development tools, procedures and methodologies applicable to current projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, manage and communicate goals to employees
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to lead projects and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of IDEAS products and their applications
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn