Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions - a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We've been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Our Sales Director is primarily responsible for leading the sales of IDeaS products, solutions and services to current and prospective customers in China by developing new business and executing a strategy to grow volume, market share and profit. They will also be responsible for managing relationships through the sales cycle and process including approach, negotiation, closure, contract support, and relationship management. Our Sales Director will also lead and coach a small sales team. This role is critical in scope and responsibility and will be measured by achieving area revenue targets and development of future business pipeline in China.
• Executes sales initiatives and drives revenue growth across all IDeaS products and services.
• Works with other sales team members to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
• Meets or exceeds annual sales business plan and monitors progress to monthly objectives.
• Understands hotel infrastructure, the existing technology that the hotels are utilizing, and how it can interface to IDeaS platforms.
• Tracks and analyzes competitive programs, market opportunities, products and activities in the marketplace.
• Qualifies level of opportunity and types of account. Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
• Provides recommendations regarding contracts and contract issues to other sales team members.
• Addresses customer inquiries with appropriate internal resources to ensure customer satisfaction with IDeaS solutions and services. Delivers customer feedback regarding IDeaS solutions and services to appropriate departments and divisions.
• Leads and manages small team of sales professionals, supporting their success and development.
• Utilizes Salesforce.com to track activities, contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities providing monthly reports and updates to business unit.
• Develop a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
• 10+ years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of enterprise-level software solutions (including related training products and services)
• 2+ years of Revenue Management related experience
• 3+ years of experience managing a successful sales team.
• Business transaction systems knowledge for hotel and other industries
• Demonstrated success in managing and interacting effectively with software development professionals and customers.
• Bi-lingual, relevant to region
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in China and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.