Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we're working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn't think of going back to the old way of doing things.
The Sales Manager-EMEA is responsible for sales of IDeaS Revenue Management Solutions and Services into the hospitality industry through a direct sales approach to independent properties and defined chain accounts in Southern Europe and other territories as assigned. This role is critical in scope and responsibility and is key to achieving company growth.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Build sales for all IDeaS revenue management solutions: software, services, and advisory offerings in the assigned territory or accounts
- Develop new business and execute strategic sales campaigns which will help grow volume, market share and profit on a value proposition basis. Identify, qualify and pursue growth opportunities.
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Plan, develop and implement the growth strategy for the assigned IDeaS territory or accounts, identifying and addressing key marketplace needs that can benefit most from revenue optimization initiatives
- Lead, grow and provide sales and development opportunities in current market, as well as, expand to new markets and market segments
- Manage sales relationships through a full life cycle, including approach, negotiation, closure, contract support, and long-term relationship management
- Prepare client proposals, contracts and order forms through Salesforce.com
- Utilize salesforce.com to track activities, contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities. As a result, provide online forecast reports and updates for the company
- Implement and build upon the strategic regional marketing and sales plan, including competitive positioning of IDeaS products and solutions in the regional marketplace
- Establish and drive growth targets across Key Performance Indicators of Profitability, Revenue Growth and Revenue Recognition. Ensure all business is executed according to current policies and guidelines and within desired profitability margins
- Actively engage and support a progressive and dynamic corporate culture within IDeaS
- Manage annual sales business plan (quota) and monitor progress to monthly & quarterly objectives
- Track and analyze the competition, market opportunities, products and activities
- Assist in corporate lead generating activities and support of industry trade shows/events
Do you qualify? You must have…
- Degree or Masters in Business, Hospitality Management or Information Management
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Hospitality Management or Sales
- Excellent consultative and listening skills with a strong ability to communicate across a range of diverse cultures and corporate levels, including executive management (C-Level) teams
- Ability to communicate complex issues in writing and verbally to users, business and technical persona
- Superior analytical skills balanced by an ability to navigate the larger strategic picture
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities, and IDeaS internal teams to develop and deliver solutions to prospect requirements.
- Strong business acumen, combined with the ability to translate complex business problems into workable solutions. This includes knowledge of how businesses work, business trends and the implications to businesses, strong competitive knowledge, and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Ability to manage change and use creative alternatives to solve problems
- Ability to understand hospitality industry and hotel infrastructure, the technology within hotels, and interfaces with IDeaS
- Effective and engaging public speaking skills
- Native language must be Spanish. Business proficiency in English is required and additional languages desirable
- Ability to travel up to 60% (when travel is permitted)
Preferences for this role include…
- Revenue management experience -- sales, pricing and distribution
- Experience in a hospitality and/or hospitality technology environment
- International work experience
- Experience with revenue generation and sales quota management
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.