Passionate people. Loyal clients. Leading solutions.
With a rich culture of creative collaboration and professional growth, IDeaS’ team members build successful careers with us.
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN, with a technology center in Pune, India, and regional offices across six continents, IDeaS is proud to be a global powerhouse of innovation and excellence; challenge and reward. No matter where we’re working, our teams come together to create leading revenue management solutions that accelerate our clients’ growth through revenue optimization.
Now we just need you!
The Sales Manager-EMEA is responsible for sales of IDeaS Revenue Management Solutions and Services into the hospitality industry through a direct sales approach to independent properties and defined chain accounts in Southern Europe and other territories as assigned. This role is critical in scope and responsibility and is key to achieving company growth.
What you’ll be doing...
• Build sales for all IDeaS revenue management solutions: software, services, and advisory offerings in the assigned territory or accounts
• Develop new business and execute strategic sales campaigns which will help grow volume, market share and profit on a value proposition basis. Identify, qualify and pursue growth opportunities.
• Meet and exceed sales targets
• Plan, develop and implement the growth strategy for the assigned IDeaS territory or accounts, identifying and addressing key marketplace needs that can benefit most from revenue optimization initiatives
• Lead, grow and provide sales and development opportunities in current market, as well as, expand to new markets and market segments
• Manage sales relationships through a full life cycle, including approach, negotiation, closure, contract support, and long-term relationship management
• Prepare client proposals, contracts and order forms through Salesforce.com
• Utilize salesforce.com to track activities, contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities. As a result, provide online forecast reports and updates for the company
• Implement and build upon the strategic regional marketing and sales plan, including competitive positioning of IDeaS products and solutions in the regional marketplace
• Establish and drive growth targets across Key Performance Indicators of Profitability, Revenue Growth and Revenue Recognition. Ensure all business is executed according to current policies and guidelines and within desired profitability margins
• Actively engage and support a progressive and dynamic corporate culture within IDeaS
• Manage annual sales business plan (quota) and monitor progress to monthly & quarterly objectives
• Track and analyze the competition, market opportunities, products and activities
• Assist in corporate lead generating activities and support of industry trade shows/events
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
What you’ll bring to us…
• Degree or Master’s in business, Hospitality Management or Information Management
• 5+ years of progressive experience in Hospitality Management or Sales
• Bilinqual - Italian and English. Additional european languages preferred.
• Excellent consultative and listening skills with a strong ability to communicate across a range of diverse cultures and corporate levels, including executive management (C-Level) teams
• Ability to communicate complex issues in writing and verbally to users, business and technical persona
• Superior analytical skills balanced by an ability to navigate the larger strategic picture
• Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities, and IDeaS internal teams to develop and deliver solutions to prospect requirements.
• Strong business acumen combined with the ability to translate complex business problems into workable solutions. This includes knowledge of how businesses work, business trends and the implications to businesses, strong competitive knowledge, and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
• Ability to manage change and use creative alternatives to solve problems
• Ability to understand hospitality industry and hotel infrastructure, the technology within hotels, and interfaces with IDeaS
• Ability to travel up to 60% (when travel is permitted)
The icing on the cake would be…
• Revenue management experience -- sales, pricing and distribution
• Experience in a hospitality and/or hospitality technology environment
• International work experience
• Experience with revenue generation and sales quota management
We Support Who You Are…
As a global company, we strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives spark innovation and meet the challenges of an evolving world. Whether you’re launching a new career or expanding your current one, IDeaS is a company where you can balance great work with all other aspects of your life.
At IDeaS, we also aspire to live our values each day by being Accountable, Curious, Passionate and Authentic. We continue our quest to build a more inclusive environment that attracts, represents and provides a place for diverse ideas, unique perspectives, and authentic voices.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Europe, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.