Passionate people. Loyal clients. Leading solutions.
With a rich culture of creative collaboration and professional growth, IDeaS’ team members build successful careers with us.
IDeaS is proud to be a global powerhouse of innovation and excellence; challenge and reward. No matter where we’re working, our teams come together to create leading revenue management solutions that accelerate our clients’ growth through revenue optimization.
Now we just need you!
The Director, Account Management- Strategic and Global Accounts will manage IDeaS commercial relationships with set of named hospitality clients that are classified as IDeaS major accounts within the geographical territory. They will be responsible for protecting accounts as well as contributing to regional sales results by growing account revenue via new sales to managed accounts. Primary metrics are annuity revenue retention and sales to managed accounts. This role is critical in building and maintaining high-revenue relationships, as well as, achieving future revenue potential via new solutions sold.
What you’ll be doing...
- Manage relationships after the initial sale and penetration of assigned major accounts, including account strategy, sales, contract negotiation, contract administration and support, and long term relationship management.
- Develop new (add-on) business and executing strategic sales campaigns which will help grow volume, share of client (enterprise, estate) and profit on a value proposition basis
- Meet and exceed major account sales targets. Drive revenue growth across all IDeaS offerings and build sales for all IDeaS revenue management products, services, and consulting services in the assigned major accounts
- Plan, develop and implement a strategy for growth of IDeaS offerings by identifying and addressing client needs that can benefit most from IDeaS solutions.
- Implement and build upon the strategic marketing and sales plan, including competitive positioning of IDeaS products and solutions.
- Collaborate with IDeaS product management on strategic sales of new products and development of product roadmaps in support of major relationships.
- Utilize salesforce.com to track activities, contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities.
- Provide monthly reports and update to IDeaS global sales leaders
- Prepare client proposals and order forms.
- Ensure all business is executed according to current policies and guidelines. As needed, work with finance and legal to achieve desired profitability margins.
- Partner with IDeaS marketing to develop and execute lead generating activities/campaigns and support industry trade shows/events
- Track and analyze the competition, market opportunities, products and activities
- Support IDeaS corporate culture within assigned accounts and among IDeaS colleagues.
- Professionally represent IDeaS to assigned accounts
- Advocate inside IDeaS on behalf of assigned account relationships.
- Engage in account retention tactics, including overcoming competitive offers and from time to time asking for assistance from other employees at IDeaS to protect IDeaS business relationships.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
What you’ll bring to us…
- BS or BA in Business, Hospitality Management, or Information Management or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of progressive experience as a business development/sales professional specifically within consultative / technical sales.
- Past success in positioning and selling enterprise solutions in a complex corporate environment.
- Track record of superior sales achievements (e.g., 100% or more of sales targets, significant competitive wins, significant account growth, awards, etc.).
- Excellent consultative sales skills with a strong ability to communicate across a range of diverse cultures and corporate levels, including Executive Management (C-Level) teams.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in writing and verbally.
- Superior analytical skills balanced by an ability to navigate the larger strategic picture.
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Strong business acumen, combined with the ability to translate complex business problems into workable solutions. This includes knowledge about how businesses work, business trends and the implications to their business, strong competitive knowledge, and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Ability to manage change and use creative alternatives to solve problems.
- Ability to understand hospitality industry and hotel infrastructure, the technology within hotels, and interfaces with/ to IDeaS.
- Annual travel up to 50%
The icing on the cake would be…
- Revenue management experience (yielding) -- sales, pricing and distribution
- Hospitality industry experience
- Analytics/Business Intelligence solution experience
- Annual travel up to 50%
We Support Who You Are….
As a global company, we strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives spark innovation and meet the challenges of an evolving world. Whether you’re launching a new career or expanding your current one, IDeaS is a company where you can balance great work with all other aspects of your life.
At IDeaS, we also aspire to live our values each day by being Accountable, Curious, Passionate and Authentic. And we continue our quest to build a more inclusive environment that attracts, represents and provides a place for diverse ideas, unique perspectives, and authentic voices.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.